Riverside Creditor Harassment Attorneys
We Have Multiple Offices Across the Central District
At The Turoci Bankruptcy Firm, we know debt collectors sometimes use pervasive tactics to harass those who have fallen behind of on their credit card payments and are facing collection actions. Our highly skilled legal professionals are committed to using our in-depth knowledge of the California Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (CFDCPA) and The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) to protect consumers from sinister behavior and illegal forms of harassment by creditors.
Although many collection groups and creditor agencies fail to adhere to these laws, either due to sheer ignorance, desperation, or even pure greed for your finances, our creditor harassment lawyers in Riverside are here to vigorously advocate for your rights and back you up so you can hold them accountable for their wrongdoing.
If you are experiencing any form of harassment at the hands of a creditor or collection agency, then please speak to us as soon as possible to so we can deploy a powerful defense strategy. Call (310) 846-8454 today.
Your Rights Under the California Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
The CFDCPA establishes clear guidelines restricting creditors from behaving unethically. The act also protects small business owners and individuals who are being hounded for a debt.
The most significant regulations contained in the CFDCPA to protect people from creditor harassment include the following:
- Tone and Language: Debt collection agencies and creditors are prohibited from using aggressive, intimidating, or threatening language against a debtor. Make sure you keep track of all communications, both oral and written, direct or subtle. You should also collect evidence like printed copies or audio recordings and transcripts that you can use in court.
- Extensive Communications: Debt collectors cannot constantly heckle you with excessive phone calls or aggressive emails or texts. It is also illegal for creditors to call you outside of normal working hours or contact you after you inform them that you have legal representation.
- Dishonest Representation: Creditors can’t misrepresent their reason for contacting you, or refuse to divulge the agency they represent. If a creditor lies to you to find out more information or harass you into paying them, then their actions are illegal and punishable under the CFDCPA.
What Can I Do If I Am Being Harassed by Creditors?
If you are being abused and harassed by creditors, then you should take the following steps:
- Verify the Debt: If you ask, debt collectors must provide you with information about the debts and the creditor so you can verify the validity of the debt or dispute it.
- Document All Communications: Keep records of any correspondence you have with debt collectors or creditors. This included calls, texts, and written communications. Keeping detailed records can help you prove that illegal debt collection practices were used against you.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney: Meet with a seasoned lawyer as soon as possible to review your options for resolving debts, either through bankruptcy or another alternative. An attorney can also help you take legal action against abusive creditors for violating the law.
Our Team Can Defend Your Rights Against Relentless Creditors
We recommend taking action immediately before the creditor abuse gets worse. You have rights, so please Talk our compassionate attorneys about what we can do to help protect your best interests. At The Turoci Bankruptcy Firm, we have one of the few Certified Business Bankruptcy Specialists in the Central District and the only one in the Inland Empire, as Designated by the American Board of Certification. We are committed to providing clients with personalized attention and practical legal solutions.
Call us today at (310) 846-8454 or contact us online to request a free case consultation. Ask about our bilingual legal services!
I definitely recommend Mr. Turoci, he made my bankruptcy process go smoothly and easily.- Tom B.
The Turoci firm was amazing.- Katie L.
I'm very happy with the service I received from the Turoci Bankruptcy Firm, and I would recommend them to anyone looking to file bankruptcy.- Jamie G.
Todd, was great, He helped me to get through a rather tough time.- Eric Quinn
Thank you Mr. Turoci for assisting me with my financial situation. You and your staff (Daisy, Courtney, Laura, and Dana) were so helpful!- Kimberly Deasey
Certified Bankruptcy Specialists
Todd is one of the few Certified Bankruptcy Specialists in the Central District and the only one in the Inland Empire, as designated by the American Board of Certification.
Free, No-Obligation Consultation
Our firm offers free, no-obligation consultations for those who chose to retain our services.
We can understand how challenging this process can be and will guide you through, every step of the way.
We offer our clients after-hour, weekend and same day appointments to meet your busy schedule.
When you hire us, you will have direct access to your attorney from start to finish.
Our team is bilingual! We service our clients in English & Spanish.